Web content writing editing and research, has come of age. Today, the Internet presents boundless opportunities for marketing. All companies are looking for a presence on the web. They want to advertise their products and services on the internet. They want informative and creative content to do so. This has led to a growth in web content writing industry.
Writing editing and research are crucial for generating quality content. Every writer uses these three skills to develop a loyal clientele base.
Qualities Of A Good Writer
What does it take to become a good writer? The answer is good writing editing combined with excellent research skills.
Aspects Of Writing
In web content generation, writing is a kind of misnomer. This is because you need to rewrite articles from existing content. So, actually speaking, you are re-writing and not writing.
There are various aspects to this:
1. Identify The Audience: If you are asked to write content for a medical website and your audiences are common people with limited knowledge in medical field, then you must write an article with minimum medical jargon. On the other hand, if you are writing for people in the medical field, then you must use medical jargon and write in formal style.
2. Research: Writing requires adequate research. So research for suitable content.
3. Self Expression: Write your own words. This is because copying the content from original sources can result in copyright infringement. Also, while writing the article, keep the word count in mind and restrict the content accordingly.
If you thought that this is all, you are. The most important aspect is yet to be discussed. This is the editing part.
Aspects Of Editing
Editing is extremely important and its role cannot be emphasizes enough.
The various aspects of editing are as follows:
1. Identify the best words that can be used, keeping the audience in mind. If you feel that you have used technical jargon for a non-technical audience, change the words suitably to convey the meaning.
2. Read the article a few times. Check if a word has multiple meanings. Change it if it does, since you would not want to confuse your audience.
3. Read aloud. This, surprisingly, is the best way to catch run on sentences.
4. Check the spellings and grammar. You would not want to send an article or content that is not grammatically correct. That will show you in poor light.
Therefore, it would not be wrong to conclude that writing, editing and research are integral to generating quality content. Only a competent writer can provide a well-researched, well-written and well-edited content!
Get in touch with us for a free no obligation quote or call us on 91-1202471500
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 4th, 2010 at 9:45 am and is filed under Content writing, Web content writing, Writing. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.