One of the easiest and most effective ways to get media attention is to have a news or press release. A press release is simply a written statement for the media and is used to announce a range of news items: a new product or service, or a strategic partnership with another company, mergers and acquisitions, among others. The following guidelines will help you write an effective press release
1. Format: News release headlines should be catchy to grab a reader’s, that is, a journalist’s attention. It should be brief and informative, a one-line summary of the key message. It can be any recent newsworthy event. The easiest way to write a catchy headline is to extract the most important keywords from your press release and frame them into an attention-grabbing statement. The body of the release should have the vital bits of information, including 5 Ws and the H – who, what, where, when, why, and how. You should do this in the first few lines of the press release. Follow that with supporting background information and details. You can also quote someone important to add credibility and depth to the release. The conclusion should have the name of the foundation or the company that represents the information, contact information, link to your company’s website, address, and phone numbers and contact details of your PR/media department.
2. Style: The style of writing should be easy to read, simple, and engaging.Press Release SEO Writing service should be done in reportorial style without passing judgments or being too opinionated. The press release should answer questions, such as how did your company or organization resolve a problem or entered into an agreement or partnership?; how does the company’s service or product fulfill needs or desires?; what benefits can be expected from such services and products? Use real life examples to powerfully communicate the benefits of using your product or service. Conduct some research to find out what “newsworthy” means to a given market and use that as a reference to style your press release.
3. Distribution: The next important step is to distribute the press release to right reporters, editors, and broadcasters. You should send the release to reporter(s) most likely to use the information and use the recipients’ preferred method of delivery. When no preferences are given, use mail by post. Always remember to use double space, black ink on white paper, proofread the whole document for grammar and spelling, and keep the press release to less than one page.
4. Timing: The final step is to time the press release for maximum effectiveness. Find out the cut-off time (the time before which you must submit your release) of your preferred recipients. Dailies’ and weeklies’ cutoff is generally up to 3 hours and 2 days prior to printing; radio cutoff is an hour before the “ drive time;” television cutoff is 2 hours before the newscast. If your timing does not work the first time, resend the release as a “re-release.”
- How to Make Press Release Copywriting Effective?
- The Art of Press Release Copywriting
- Press Release Copywriting – handling public relation
- How Easy Can be Press Release Copy Writing
- Benefits of Press Release Distribution
Get in touch with us for a free no obligation quote or call us on 91-1202471500
This entry was posted on Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 at 10:30 am and is filed under Press Release Copywriting. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.