The most effective way of improving search engine ranking is to use quality content. Avoid duplication and copy-pasted content. Instead, ensure regularly updated, fresh quality-content is uploaded on your site. Several other methods can assist in obtaining a higher search engine ranking. This article lists some of those methods.
Tips On Improving Search Engine Ranking
• Configure your site to be accessible to search indexing bots. Check the settings on your content management system, or set up a proper robots.txt file on your server.
• Make sure bots can “crawl” your site without path-tracking or cookie problems. Bots may not be able to eliminate different-looking links that lead to the same page, which can cause incomplete indexing.
• Ensure site pages are arranged in a logical hierarchy. Every single page must have at least one static text link leading to it.
• Create a sitemap for users. If your site has hundreds of pages, divide your sitemap into sections, with a separate map page for each section. This will help search bots too.
• Consider what your site is about, and what keywords users should use to find content related to yours site. Ensure that your content contains those keywords.
• Keep keywords density relevant. Don’t cram the pages with keywords. If you do this, you would be “keyword spamming” which can have a negative impact.
• Keep the topics on pages focused. Maintain separate pages for different topics, for keywords optimization on each page.
• Do not overload pages with links.
• Avoid hidden links at all costs, as they are alleged as “cloaking.” This can get your site blacklisted.
• Be very wary of link schemes that claim to help in improving search engine ranking. Such schemes typically have a network of “affiliates” and spam sites linking to each other. Do not link back to such sites, as this can negatively impact your site’s ranking.
• If you do join an affiliate program, ensure that your site is adding genuine value to it, and that the network doesn’t have sites with duplicated or spam content.
• Do not duplicate. Multiple sub domains with the same content may be perceived as web spam, reducing ranking.
• Maintain all important content in text, rather than images or flash, as bots are not be able to index rich media most of the time.
• Test your site in a text browser like Lynx, because that’s how spiders see your site. If a lot of content is missing, consider a redesign.
All these tips can help to enhance your site’s ranking. If you’re really serious about improving search engine ranking, it may be worthwhile to consult a search engine optimization service. Ensure you hire professionals, because a bad SEO can adversely affect your site. Ask lots of questions to be clear on what they will do for your site, and how.
No related posts.
Get in touch with us for a free no obligation quote or call us on 91-1202471500
This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 25th, 2010 at 10:30 am and is filed under SEO Services, Search Engine Ranking. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.